We are Xometry – the world’s largest on-demand production platform that is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Our international network of over 5,000 production partners enables us to offer a wide range of processing technologies: CNC processing, sheet metal processing, 3D printing, injection molding and others. Xometry’s customers include BMW, Bosch, Dell Technologies, General Electric and NASA.
We are looking for: Lead Engineer Injection Molding (m/w/d)
This position is leading the injection molding projects through all phases – starting from supporting sales in technical and commercial offers up until delivery of the serial products to the customers. It is important to understand the remote character of realization of such projects (see company’s website for more details).
- Managing the technical and commercial aspects of all injection molding orders that are physically manufactured by our subcontracting partner.
- Selection of suitable manufacturing partners and managing the partner network.
- Developing and managing a highly efficient and rapidly evolving system to receive, evaluate, prioritize and rapidly process high volumes of requests for quotations (RFQs).
- Working with customers across an array of industries including aerospace, defense, commercial, automotive, industrial and medical devices.
- Assisting in the outsourcing of Injection Molding order to Xometry’s partner network.
- Analyzing 3D CAD parts and associated 2D drawings to determine part cost, tooling cost, the part’s moldability and provide DFM feedback to the customer.
- Provide accurate and timely transfer of information between customer service, marketing, sales and external customers.
- Support colleagues and customers with information regarding pricing and risk analysis.
A successful candidate
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum five years of technical experience in the injection molding industry with excellent working knowledge of injection mold tool design and building and plastic processing and manufacturing.
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently use CAD systems for file transfers, viewing and analysis
- In-depth understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) guidelines for injection molded parts
- In-depth understanding of mold tooling design and construction
- In-depth understanding of polymer processing and common secondary injection molding operations
- Must be proficient in the use of injection molding analysis and simulation software (eg MoldFlow, etc)
- Project management skills and ability to multitask projects.
- Solid multicultural skills.
- Excellent skills in verbal communication, written documentation, and proposal development
- Office based in Ottobrunn / Munich
- Unlimited contract
- Paid holiday of 25 calendar days
- Young multicultural team
- Subsidized lunches
Sounds exciting? Please send your applications with at firstname.lastname@example.org.